This IP core features a full-hardware sound compressor using the algorithm IMA ADPCM. Its main characteristics are:
- IMA ADPCM Compression (4 bits per sample)
- Input: 16 bits PCM sound samples
- Mono: one channel operation
- Output includes standard WAV headers
- Selectable sample rate of recording
Output compatible with any sound player with the IMA ADPCM codec (included by default in every Windows). Includes a testbench that takes an uncompressed PCM 16 bits Mono WAV file and outputs an IMA ADPCM compressed WAV file.
As per the IMA-ADPCM standard, the compression ratio is 4:1.
Included with the core is:
- Technical support via email
- IP Core Datasheet
- Instantiation Template
- Complete Testbench for source code
For any further information on this core or if you would like to receive a price quotation, please use the Contact form or the Quote Request button.